Website Kaiser Permanente
Under direct supervision, performs variety of clerical and patient attending duties; ensures optimum service and attention to patient/customers.
- Operates current office equipment & other cash related equipment; assures all equipment in cashiering area are operating in an acceptable manner; assesses status of equipment malfunctions; resolves when appropriate; reports any unresolved problems appropriately and notifies lead or supervisor.
- Receives incoming and intra-office calls; ascertains need; directs to proper individual or location; takes messages; provides limited non-confidential information; maintains contact with other facilities and support departments. resolves basic problems; assists with difficult problems when necessary; refers to lead/supervisor after all appropriate alternatives are exhausted; notifies supervisor of process problems/issues that need attention; assists with patient complaints; collaborates with lead/supervisor to develop operational strategies.
- Serves as clerical resource and contact person to staff as appropriate; collaborates with team to ascertain and coordinate team and individual concerns and issues; collaborates and assists with team, leadership and other committees as appropriate to design, plan, coordinate, and implement process improvements; identifies and resolves issues around improvement as appropriate; recommends ideas and suggestions to improve operation of area.
- Performs variety of duties pertaining to patient appointments; ascertains patient’s need for routine appointments and schedules appointments according to need or under direction of medical staff; refers to medical staff as appropriate; completes appointment process; enters/updates pertinent patient appointment and registration data in computer; verifies patients’ insurance eligibility; captures appropriate guarantor and coverage information as appropriate; provides accurate information to enable accurate collections of funds; notifies members of rescheduled or cancelled appointments; compiles data and information for special and routine reports, studies and statistics as requested.
- Service patients, members, and visitors; acknowledges them in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration and alertness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, customer service, interpersonal relations, detail-oriented, problem solving, adaptability, teamwork, conflict resolution, systems thinking, prioritization & multi-tasking.
- One (1) year of customer service/sales, public relations or related experience.
- High school diploma; or equivalent combination of education (lesser) & experience may be considered in lieu of requirements.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A