Website Kaiser Permanente
This position provides high level member assistance by scheduling various appointments requested, transferring calls appropriately, composing messages, and providing general information.
- Responds in a courteous and professional manner to general questions, using on-line databases to provide information to any member or other personnel calling the center.
- Assist in resolving problems related to duplicate medical record numbers.
- Composes messages for physician/providers, RN’s or other medical staff based on member requests.
- Identifies ways to improve quality of service to members and recommends steps used to accomplish these changes.
- Operates in a high volume, highly structured call center environment by responding to incoming calls.
- Determine if calls are urgent or emergent by listening to the member, following established guidelines, and then transferring the call to a RN when appropriate.
- Performs clerical duties which may include assigning new members a primary care physician, processing self-referral requests, calling patients and booking appointment for specialty appointments, calling members to cancel and reschedule appointments.
- Serve as resource persons to co-workers and assist in problem solving.
- Train and orient new or less experienced personnel.
- Perform data retrieval of computerized data.
- Perform on-line inquiry functions.
- Determines the type of appointment requested or needed, reviews scheduling mix of various physicians/providers, and them makes appointment utilizing appropriate guidelines.
- Utilizes superior customer service skills to provide service to members when diffusing difficult member encounters.
- Clear paper jams and other routine maintenance of printers/copiers.
- Recommend procedure changes.
- Prioritizes member needs and offers alternatives to members when appropriate.
- Verify and update member demographics.
- Initiate change forms for corrected medical record numbers.
- Record and maintain activity logs.
- Perform other activities and duties as directed.
- Initiate change of physician requests.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience in a service related industry, preferably healthcare.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Typing skills of 30 wpm.
- Effective telephone communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A