Website J.P. Morgan
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co (“JPMC”) is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by practice groups that generally conform to the Corporation’s lines of business (“LOBs”) and corporate staff areas, allowing the legal staff to work closely with specific groups on a daily basis.
- Correspond and collaborate with paralegals, attorneys, and other professionals on legal and regulatory issues impacting multiple LOBs.
- Provide other support that may be requested of the Legal Department from time to time.
- Support AWM’s LRCM efforts, including the process for reviewing and assessing regulatory developments.
- Conduct additional legal research and participate on special projects, as needed.
- Support the maintenance of relevant legal obligations in the firm’s Enterprise Library Application (ELA), and provide appropriate notifications to AWM’s legal and
- regulatory change management team.
- Prepare/maintain matrices used by legal and the business, with oversight from legal subject matter experts.
- Monitor and research laws and regulations relevant to AWM, including U.S. and non U.S. laws. The initial focus will be on laws relevant to the Global Private Bank’s
- Trusts & Estates business with potential expansion into other relevant areas of law.
- Prepare concise summaries of developments; make recommendations to attorneys on the relevance of the developments and their potential impact to AWM.
- Participate in meetings to discuss regulatory developments with stakeholders.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work in a fast-paced, complex business environment and maintain communication with attorneys regarding project status and estimated completion timelines.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent English writing and communication skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services law.
- Competence with the suite of Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent legal research skills, including experience with Westlaw or similar services.
- Law degree and membership in jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
Company: J.P. Morgan
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Application Deadline: N/A