KPMG’s ESG practice is looking for a Workforce Optimization Manager to be a key part of scaling our ESG capabilities across the firm and ensuring successful delivery of some of the most compelling projects in our industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategy & Operations, you will be part of a growing national team and will primarily be responsible for proactively monitoring utilization, managing the effective and efficient deployment of our consultants and playing a key role in comprehensive project staffing for ESG-related engagements across Canada. You will chair regular workforce management meetings and participate in local/national workforce management calls to assess the needs/availability across business units. Your role will act as the primary point of contact for discussions relating to current and future assignments, and proactively identifying and promoting Members who are coming available to opportunities locally, nationally, and internationally (as appropriate).
As ESG is part of a comprehensive global strategy, there will be additional opportunities for the Workforce Optimization Manager to assist with delivery of various National projects related to understanding and building the competencies, capabilities, and expertise of KPMG team members and embedding ESG in everything we do.
- Ensure appropriate staffing solutions are identified in a timely manner considering engagement requirements, developmental goals and career aspirations of team members. Negotiate with leaders to shift time or create individual availability to meet staffing priorities for the practice/ region.
- Monitor bench resources, act as primary point of contact for local Members on bench and proactively identify potential assignments with practice leaders.
- Monitor and reinforce the sharing of resources; network with other Members across service lines and functions to address resource needs and/or conflicts, workload re-balancing and optimization opportunities for all Members.
- Lead national and regional workforce management calls.
- Proactively identify and address scheduling issues (i.e. excessively high/low utilization, high or low overtime, morale issues, performance issues and the level of out of town assignments). Participate in annual performance management process.
- Create and leverage standard and custom reports to communicate project forecasting, availability and capacity management reporting as needed by leadership used for the purposes of forecasting hours, tracking utilization, monitoring headcount and budgeting.
- Maintain databases and workforce planning software regarding relevant client/engagement data, member preferences, skills and competencies etc.
- Review actual and projected utilization, anticipate availability and proactively take action to minimize unassigned time while balancing the workload of all Members. Raise issues identified to business leaders and member relations.
- Prepare executive level reports and presentations reporting on outcomes.
- Produce short and long-term workload forecasts
- Support a workforce planning strategy and resourcing plan that is aligned to business strategies and enables business growth. This strategy will be required to craft, implement, and continuously evolve existing workforce planning policies and processes.
- Recommend/assign appropriate Members to engagements, reviewing available project options and presenting Member recommendations based on project requirements (complexity of engagement, expertise required, etc.)
- Regularly communicate with business leaders to discuss workforce requirements for their engagements, and to gain an understanding of specific engagement needs, deadlines and engagement economics. Work with leaders across geographies and service lines to manage bench resources to optimize availability.
- Assign Members to active requirements as identified; proactively investigate current projects for resources that may meet requirements on new engagements.
- Undergraduate degree in a business, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with multiple, and at times, conflicting priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to collaborate & Influence – Building and maintaining effective working relationships, ensuring alignment within and across groups, and using one’s understanding of others to gain buy-in and support and promote and drive change.
- Expert verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in MS Excel, PowerBI and a variety of resource management tools for the purposes of interpreting data and creating or managing reporting.
- At least 5 years in a Resource Management, Workforce Management or Operations Management capacity, preferably within a professional services environment.
- Proficient with Resource Management/Workforce Management systems and tools (Retain/ Oracle/Peoplesoft etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of project resource utilization and optimization.
- Proven experience in “just in time” resource assignment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A