The Benefits Analyst will focus primarily on a specific client’s Health plans and will ensure the day-to-day administration and operational aspects of the plans, including data analytics, compliance, benefits financials, employee education, communication, vendor management, and special projects. This position will work with our outsourced providers, and will escalate potential issues and assist in the resolution.
- Assist in developing a robust communications program around benefits, ensuring employees/members appreciate and optimize their use of our health and welfare benefits programs.
- Assist with the implementation and ongoing development and communication of wellness programs and initiatives.
- The most important competencies required of the individual.
- The role will act as a consultant to participating districts’ benefits representative and business officials on benefits issues and concerns.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and benefits trends, analyze their implications for our client, and recommend action where appropriate.
- Provides day-to-day support and responds to routine benefit questions, or more complex inquiries related to the Health & Welfare plans, including employee and retiree queries
- The role will support Benefits Director in planning, design, communication and end-to-end administration efforts for our client’s health and welfare benefits programs. The role will:
- Work with the data warehouse vendor/consultants and undertakes data analytics and reporting to ensure maintenance of benefit provisions and provide insights for developing conclusions for business case / decision-making / recommendations.
- Co-lead benefits projects to ensure alignment to client’s business objectives and overall benefits strategy.
- Effectively manage vendors to ensure our client gets the highest quality and levels of services at the lowest costs. Assist in developing performance standards and monitor vendor performance on an ongoing basis.
- Participates as a project team member/lead to deliver projects, including annual enrollment
- Work closely with the Benefits Director to streamline, simplify and ensure flawless execution of benefits programs.
- US Health and Welfare Benefits: Knowledge in all areas of benefit operation, financing, compliance and administration – particularly federal and state regulations affecting benefit plans.
- Excellent business judgment with strong logic skills.
- Ability to manage many priorities simultaneously and autonomously.
- Proven experience in achieving operational excellence and developing end-to-end verification procedures, particularly with core benefits processes. Needs to have a keen ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities, have the ability to positively influence and implement changes.
- Minimal travel required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, along with effective communication skills.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of combined experience in benefits administration, strategy, finance and operations within a medium/large organization.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and tenacious with a very positive, “can do” attitude, who “owns” a problem and will persevere and find solutions.
- Successful candidates must have a positive, can do attitude and be committed to the mission of service and innovation through partnership.
- Undergraduate degree with a focus in finance, economics, mathematics, or accounting preferred.
- Excellent people skills and ability to interact positively and tactfully with others.
- A high degree of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail is a must.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A