We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
- Uses customer insight to continuously enhance customer experience, increasing loyalty, advocacy and retention.
- Ensure branch or work area is maintained in accordance with HSBC standards.
- Leads a customer centric culture that aligns with corporate strategy.
- Uses business and industry acumen to forecast and address future needs and challenges; develops and aligns business strategies to address these needs and challenges.
- Creates and implements a departmental plan that supports the Retail Banking Wealth Management strategy; monitors and reports on achievement of targets and revises strategies as needed; takes responsibility for the attainment of desired Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results, and implements improvements based on feedback.
- Develops and maintains and active community profile.
- Actively involved in the recruitment and development of team.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Anticipate and identify organizational change initiatives required to support the business strategy.
- Ensures compliance, operational and system controls in accordance with HSBC regulatory standards and government regulations.
- Motivate, coach and provide guidance to team members through regular and meaningful performance development.
- Fosters a culture of compliance and optimizing relations with regulators. Ensure all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions and reputational risks.
- Proven ability to build and manage a team of high performing professionals.
- Experience managing business process (es) within a functional area or branch.
- Experience managing the performance of direct reports through a performance management process as well as experience in having performance discussions and / or coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for financial results for a relatively complex functional area.
- Experience executing the growth strategy of a functional area or branch.
- Mutual Fund Registration. Requires completion of: Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; and / or Canadian Securities Course.
- Sound knowledge of digital / online banking and sponsoring digital engagement for customers.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations impacting personal financial services activities.
- 10 – 12 years of related and / or cross functional experience in industry with a minimum of 6 years of experience leading and managing others.
- Diplomatic problem solving skills to resolve issues within a functional area, and / or across functional areas.
- Experience executing a change process, new systems and expansion. Demonstrated experience communicating the vision for a functional area or small branch that inspires and aligns team.
- University / College degree or combination of equivalent education and experience in banking or related industry.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A