Supply Chain Solutions (‘SCS’) is one of the key growth target areas for the GTRF product line within the CMB and GBM sectors. One of the key success factors of SCS programmes is the ability to engage and market the benefits of the Supply Chain program to targeted suppliers in an effort to monetize each program, ensure a seamless engagement experience with the bank, followed by proactive management of program utilization.
- Ensure all stakeholders are kept informed and any issues/open items are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist the client to help build internal support for the procurement strategy via (a) collateral for senior management and (b) education of the wider procurement organization.
- Partner with all global stakeholders to stay aligned on best practices and tools being used globally, and champion those for use in NAM.
- Owns and resolves issues with all stakeholders and / or clients.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards
- Responsible for completing relevant supplier setups as per the supplier segmentation and engagement strategy for their assigned Supply Chain programs
- Support clients and internal stakeholders with appropriate materials
- Responsible for the overall program support for Supply Chain programs assigned
- Create dashboards and Engagement plans as required and provide analysis of data for, but not exclusive to MI and P&L of Supplier Engagement
- Ensure that deadlines set and agreed with clients and internal stakeholders are met.
- Ensure compliance with all defined policies and procedures, and meet all reporting and documentation standards.
- Responsible for preparing supplier outreach materials to ensure suppliers understand the benefits of SCS and take up the facility with the bank.
- Ability to present to clients (internal and external) with a range of understanding & sophistication as determined by the client
- Ad hoc duties as required by the team or business.
- Responsible for program monitoring by providing metrics on assigned deals to help define supplier Engagement demand and capacity management
- Share best practices around payment terms extension, industry and sector trends with clients to assist them with their working capital improvement journey.
- Manage and control project actions. Manage operational tasks as required.
- Responsible for filing relevant UCC documents required as part of the on-boarding effort.
- Responsible for oversight the end to end supplier onboarding and ensure each step of the onboarding process is complete
- Lead the supplier engagement and on-boarding effort with meticulous planning and attention to detail
- Provide full operational analysis, data analysis, presentation and general support to Management, as required.
- Partner with the client to define a clear and effective procurement strategy geared to maximize and expedite program savings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including e-Commerce and Group Marketing to present appropriate and compliant material for external use.
- Awareness of all elements of Operational Risk & Compliance associated with the role in
- Ensure that presentation material is of a high standard, clear and concise that meets the clients, bank’s and supplier’s expectations.
- Be a strong ally for WCS and demonstrate subject matter expertise in all supplier engagement related matters in client conversations.
- Be responsible for technical, practical support and training to Procurement team as well as Suppliers as part of the end-to-end Implementation Lifecycle
- As appropriate, participation in technical and soft skills training
- Good computer and IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
- Experience in working with client experience, communications and project management would be beneficial.
- Relevant experience driving customer excellence
- Strong attention to detail and presentation preparation.
- Numerical capability – using Excel/ tools, and a basic understanding of working capital and financing savings to market the opportunity to suppliers.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with experience of working under pressure
- Very strong understanding of bank and departmental procedures, functions and activities
- Experience with GTRF systems and experience of working in the Trade, Supply Chain or Receivables Finance industry/business.
- Experience of working in a relevant busy and challenging environment
- Bachelor’s Degree, and five years of strong Supplier Engagement, Sales or Client Management experience are highly desirable
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience or understanding of HSBCnet and cash management systems
- Multi-tasking and completer/finisher.
- Client facing role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plattsburgh, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A