The position is primarily responsible for developing updated retail credit risk models to meet Basel III requirements, including assembling and validating data, interpreting written policies and guidance, developing segmentation schema, estimating PD, LGD and EAD parameters, documenting work done and presenting results.
- Business lines: RBWM (Retail Banking and Wealth Management)
- Internal stakeholders: Group Risk, Finance, IT
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC Brand.
- Support the regulatory compliance of the retail portfolio
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- Supports the development, maintenance and analysis of all Retail analytics models, strategies and reports
- Stays current on regulatory developments related to Retail Credit Risk, drafting new documentation, gap analyses, or memoranda as required
- Works with other internal teams to comply with regulatory requirements and deliver needed projects to maintain compliance on an ongoing basis
- Provides statistical analysis and reporting on retail credit risk
- Drafts, updates and maintains regulatory and audit compliant documentation on the development and validation of risk models, strategies and reports.
- Ensures the accuracy of all Retail Analytics management information generated by the department, including reconciliation of data to financial accounts or other benchmarks
- Works with the business team to provide risk support for new and existing lending programs and projects
- Work as part of a high performing team, taking independent initiative to develop solutions to problems as they arise
- Quickly assesses and recognizes variances and inconsistencies in data and the various outputs of particular models and reports. Works independently and makes quick decisions with respect to data elements and the various analyses to be taken generally without reference to senior staff.
- A degree in statistics, mathematics or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge
- Experience in data management, data processing and data analysis
- Advanced proficiency in the use of SAS as well as excellent data validation and processing skills
- A sound understanding of the data, products, systems and processes with respect to Retail Risk
- At least 1 year of experience in analytical modeling, preferably in the credit risk function of a bank or financial services organization and ideally working on Basel rating systems (PD, LGD and EAD modelling)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A