The Capital Risk- Senior Manager of Recovery and Resolution Manager will lead and manage the Second line of defense stewardship and oversight of the capital and liquidity risk elements of Group Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP)
Capital Risk involves the risk that the Group fails to maintain sufficient resources to cover potential losses and thereby does not meet its internal or regulatory capital requirements either at Group, subsidiary or branch level. Liquidity risk is the risk that a firm, although solvent, does not have available sufficient financial resources to meet our obligations as they fall due, or that the firm can only do so at excessive cost. The Capital and Liquidity Risk team are the second line of defense for Treasury Management capital and liquidity activities.
This role requires a deep understanding of best practice and regulatory expectations of a firms planning for recovery and resolution scenarios. As well as experience and thorough understanding of capital and liquidity metrics and requirements in BAU and through stress scenarios.
- Investigations QA work
- Maintaining an active and open dialogue and partner with various Risk Stewards, CROs, CFOs, functions, as well as industry wide forums and regulators through periodic and ad-hoc updates
- Reviewing, challenging and providing stewardship on the capital and liquidity risk elements of the Group submissions and the capabilities maintained within businesses, functions and legal entities to support Group submissions.
- Ensuring that there is clear monitoring and tracking of issues relating to RRP Capital and Liquidity risk, not only managing issues raised as part of this role against the first line of defense, but also including audit issues, entity level controls, MSIIs and any other relevant control areas.
- Providing constructive challenge to proposed approaches or solutions provided by Risk owners, mindful of the synergies to existing processes and specificities of global balance sheets to ensure efficient and effective solutions are obtained.
- Supporting the bank’s preparedness to respond to a stress scenario, deterioration into a recovery phase or into resolution.
- Overseeing the development and maintenance of the Group Recovery Plan (GRP) and the biennial Group Resolvability Assessment Framework (RAF) Self–Assessment for submission to regulators from a Capital & Liquidity Risk perspective
- Engaging with senior stakeholders globally to ensure delivery of capital and liquidity components of RRP activities within regulatory and internally mandated timelines, ensuring consistency in approach across regions where regulations permit.
- Representing Capital and Liquidity Risk in RRP Change programs, identifying Capital and Liquidity Risks as well as assisting in providing solutions to reduce these inherent Risk.
- Excellent working knowledge of Recovery and Resolution related regulation
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree in relevant numerate subject. Qualifications in accounting and/or finance is beneficial
- Has developed a high level of professionalism and competency which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management.
- Demonstrable experience of leading with unwavering and courageous integrity to do the right thing
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organization;
- Experience of working across all levels of an organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level, with good understanding of other areas e.g. Finance, Accounting, Operational, Legal, etc.
- Practical experience of capital and/or liquidity risk management within a large organization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of balance sheet, income statement dynamics and capital and liquidity risk issues and drivers.
- Understands the strategies of the Group and demonstrate deep business knowledge.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business;
- Experience in addressing regulatory and audit requests.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plattsburgh, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A