The Senior Manager Control Room Americas is a senior role reporting to the Head of Control Room Americas. The job holder will be required to perform all vital Control Room duties, including conflicts checks/clearance (including providing guidance and explaining decisions to senior members of the GB and CMB businesses) and being a key part of a team of Regulatory Compliance specialists to assist in coverage for conflict management related matters. A key objective of the role will be to consider and improve current procedures and work closely with Regulatory Compliance and Legal colleagues in order to assess and provide guidance on complex deal situations, taking into account legal risks and regulatory expectations.
- Fostering a close working relationship with the local advisory teams and business, including keeping abreast of key business developments and any changes to procedures and practices.
- Providing clear guidance to other members of the Global Control Room as well as the Global Lines of Business, Global Functions, and RC colleagues.
- Assisting in the assessment and rating of business regulatory risk in respect of conflict management related matters
- Timely production of high quality Management Information.
- Advising Global Business lines on the impact on the business of applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Other ad hoc project work as assigned
- Attending industry discussions/roundtables pertaining to Global Control Room issues.
- Developing and refining Global Control Room related policies and procedures in the key areas of coverage.
- Escalating regulatory breaches to business and Regulatory Compliance Senior Management so that appropriate action can be undertaken to control identified risks.
- Escalating all material and significant breaches or potential breaches of regulations as soon as practicable to Head of Control Room Americas and the relevant Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Providing direction and support for the responsibilities and functions of the Global Control Room.
- Fostering good relations with all relevant regulators.
- Supporting Global Business lines in discharging their responsibilities to follow applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Acting as a key contact in the Global Control Room, including in relation to conflicts clearance, restrictions, wall-crossing, and research clearance
- Excellent time management and prioritization of work tasks.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Excellent knowledge of Global Banking products and transaction scenarios
- Ability to make and support decisions with sound reasoning.
- An excellent understanding of the regulatory environment and expectations of US and extra-territorial laws, rules and guidance together with other relevant regulations, codes of practice and HSBC Group Standards.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and on multiple tasks simultaneously and use of own initiative to resolve issues.
- Committed to completion of work tasks.
- Good administrative skills (inventory updating, structured note taking, etc.).
- Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as the role requires constant communication with other individuals and teams within the HSBC Group (including members of senior management in GB and CMB)
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proven rapid learning capability.
- Previous conflicts, compliance and/or regulatory experience, preferably across a number of different business lines.
- High standard of written documentation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plattsburgh, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A