This position provides financial solutions (appropriate with securities registration, insurance and state licenses) to current and potential Wealth customers through the services and products of RBWM. The Financial Consultants are assigned Wealth clients and are expected to seek opportunities to attract, develop and retain these clients and expand the portfolio of clients by providing wealth and lending solutions. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering suitable wealth solutions as a Financial Consultant are amongst the key activities to achieve goals and in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Provide quality service in meeting customer needs, inquires and problems of a complex nature; maintain contact with existing customers and referral sources on an on-going basis to identify new or additional needs.
- Understand and adhere to Group and Company policies and procedures, and meet all required mandatory training requirements.
- Maintain proper documentation following preset guidelines established by Compliance and Management.
- To implement the Group compliance policy locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Global Business Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources and training, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- Build deep, long-lasting and mutually valuable relationships with Wealth customers.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Help the organization achieve its objectives of through the development of existing and new Wealth relationships consistent with the Key Performance Indicators (Non Outcome and Outcome) that measure performance of the role.
- Regularly meet with clients to understand and analyze their current and long term needs and advise them on the products and services that help them achieve their goals.
- Manage assigned client’s full Wealth relationship, seeking opportunities to attract new Wealth clients as well as retain and expand relationships with existing Wealth clients. Mortgage to be referred to appropriate Mortgage staff. Bank products to be referred to appropriate Premier Relationship Manager.
- Conduct full needs assessment with current and potential Wealth customers and recommend appropriate lending, investment and insurance products and services to meet individual needs, based on objectives, risk tolerance and proper asset allocations. Mortgage to be referred to appropriate Mortgage staff. Bank products to be referred to appropriate Premier Relationship Manager.
products to be referred to appropriate Premier Relationship Manager.
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Assist in maintaining NDIP (Non Deposit Investment Products) policy standards and avoiding customer confusion between Bank and Wealth products.
- Develop strong partnerships with the Premier Relationship Manager.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Adhere to internal controls and Firm policies. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- Through a defined sales process, recommend lending and investment and insurance solutions designed to meet customer’s protection, education, retirement, legacy, property, and lifestyle needs while also helping customers manage and grow their wealth. Mortgage to be referred to appropriate Mortgage staff. Bank
- Strong client focus and ability to develop long term partnerships with clients.
- Minimum of three years proven nontraditional banking financial sales experience or equivalent.
- Local regulatory & license requirements – job holder should possess valid licenses with accreditation on wealth management and qualification as required by country.
- Evidence of strong client recommendation and sales results in wealth products.
- Equivalent relationship management experience in managing high net worth client portfolios preferred.
- Expert knowledge of external regulatory framework relevant to wealth management.
- Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 (in lieu of 63 and 65) and life and health insurance licenses.
- Strong sales, analytical, decision-making, interpersonal, leadership and communications skills.
- If internal, in-depth understanding of HSBC Global House Views.
- Relationship management experience with affluent clients.
- Strong technical skills in wealth management.
- Expert knowledge in wealth planning and wealth products.
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to deliver needs-based solutions through effective communication, influencing, and sales skills.
- Sound knowledge of the impact of macroeconomics/microeconomics/local market developments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A