As the VP, Stress Testing and Reserves, you will be responsible for finalizing the Expected Credit Loss Reserves under IFRS and CECL, conducting Regulatory and BAU Stress testing exercises.
The Role will primarily involve working hand in hand with the Business, LMU, CAU, Finance and other Risk to ensure all Monthly and Quarterly CECL and IFRS reserves processes are executed properly with conceptually sound estimation. Be able to explain and defend the results in front of Business and Senior Management.
- Understanding suite of HSBC models, how they work and downstream impacts.
- Interacting with IMR, Audit, Assurance functions to ensure all governance requirements are effectively met and documented appropriately for their reviews
- Ensuring accurate and thorough documentation related to stress testing activities
- Being involved in discussions with Regulators & Auditors on stress testing and respond timely and effectively to various questions raised.
- Actively participating in model development process and Review and Challenge on the workings and design of models.
- Diving deeply into reserving model forecasts to look for anomalies and trends to help determine potential overlays and underlays to model results. Prepare adjustment templates, upload to systems and verify accuracy.
- Providing adhoc and standard stress testing analysis to Senior Management to help guide management actions.
- Being involved in the preparation of Reviewing and Challenging Presentations while documenting minutes and following up on key takeaways.
- Need to be proficient with Excel, SAS/MS Access, PowerPoint, Tableau.
- Assisting in developing policy, procedures, data sources to ensure compliance with the governance standards;
- Working with other members of WMR especially CAU experts, Business & Portfolio Management to conduct periodic sector related stress tests that are done internally and outside regulatory stress tests (ie CCAR)
- Diving deeply into existing portfolio to be able to understand portfolio dynamics, key and emerging risks (for Risk Identification).
- Working closely with multiple teams (HBUS Finance team/Risk /IT, LMU and Group) to address data validation, accuracy and timing issues & reporting for various data sets;
- Providing analysis and details to other areas of the bank to ensure reserving results are being used in decision like Risk Appetite, AOP planning etc.
- Understanding current Economic trends (Globally & Locally), macro projections/FEG and being able to use to effectively challenge model results and help guide/inform overlays.
- Solid understanding of commercial credit processes, including credit risk assessment and systems, as well as econometrics, statistics and simulations.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, SAS/MS Access/R/Python, PowerPoint, Tableau.
knowledge of IFRS and CECL accounting standard, CCAR and other US regulatory guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, related field or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive credit and financial services experience or equivalent, including experience in working in stress testing and loan loss reserves.
- Strong communications, analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plattsburgh, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A