We have an opportunity for an Advanced Mechanical Design Analysis Engineer to join our AERO team based in Edinburgh. You will provide vital digital circuit design and analysis for electronic equipment for satellite communication and earth observation payloads.
- Realise design into compliant working solutions
- Assisting in maintaining and developing design standards and supporting continual improvement
- Be the design authority for digital design element of the product
- Provide development of robust and highly reliable designs and carry out trade off analysis to produce innovative, cost effective solutions.
- Provide technical contributions to bid proposal work.
- From top level customer specifications:
- Develop sub-system specifications
- Develop designs to meet sub system requirements
- Provide analysis to support these designs including Worst-Case, Part Stress and Failure Mode
- Previous experience of designing electronics for space flight would be advantageous.
- Degree qualified in electronics or related subject and working knowledge practicing in a technical environment.
- Digital electronic design experience, as well as off the shelf analogue and digital integrated circuits.
- Experience in the design; development & programming of FPGA solution.
- Experience of working with recognised design tools ie. MENTOR.
- Understanding of standard electronics Test & Measurement equipment.
- Ability to turn designs in to working prototype solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A