You will be working with a team of Control Systems Engineers on a variety of facets of the program including implementing test setups, test development, result analysis and the Software Requirements Specification which defines the control of every item in the Honeywell designed Environmental Control System. In addition, you will have the opportunity to support Honeywell’s continuous effort to improves how Systems Engineers at Honeywell execute design
- Design closed loop control laws
- Develop system simulation models of thermal mechanical systems
- Develop tools for automation of Simulink / data analysis
- Develop system, software and hardware requirements, and improve tooling/processes
- Perform system verification/testing and improve tooling/processes
- Be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Aerospace, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expected graduation date from Bachelor’s or Master’s program between August 2023 to May 2024.
- Ability to demonstrate strong performance in a team environment to meet task schedule for assigned program.
- Ability to execute Control Systems Engineering responsibilities in accordance with Systems Engineering process/procedure.
- Adaptability to a variety of assignments
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Due to contractual requirements must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident and cannot now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in Canada or with Honeywell.
- Experience with Scripting, analysis, and/or requirements verification.
- Some experience in an aerospace environment a definite asset
- Knowledge of test case development, performance measurement and documentation is an asset
- Must be available for internship for 16 month period – Starting May 2022 until August 2023.
- The Honeywell building is a Controlled Goods Program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kanata, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A