The position requires breadth of technical experience across multiple programs and products, both electrical and mechanical, working directly with suppliers daily, influencing / working closely with the sourcing commodity leadership teams, Quality and NPD. The successful candidate should be able to effectively communicate with senior management, have a big picture strategic mindset, handle multiple priorities, influence, and solve complex problems.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Global quality leaders to manage, implement and track supplier improvements.
- Review and approve First/Last Article Inspection Reports, source inspections and self-release.
- Perform process and product audits for proactive risk management.
- Support authorities (FAA, EASA, CAAC) and customer audits.
- Create and participate in PFMEA activities, Work Instruction Improvements, and Control Plan effectiveness with suppliers.
- Ensure supplier compliance while driving systematic problem solving and process improvement plans to deliver performance.
- Evaluate/develop prospective supplier Quality System
- Evaluate/develop procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements
- Monitor supplier Quality metrics associated with supplier capability, trends and related production improvement efforts
- Train associates, suppliers, and contract personnel in Six Sigma techniques
- Drive Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) investigations to prevent defects.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Provide technical insight to analyze risks and opportunities
- Experience using Six Sigma techniques and Green belt certification
- Current ASQ CQA or CQE certification is highly desirable, as is an RAB auditor accreditation
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with project management and Kaizen facilitation.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of leadership.
- Proven problem-solving skills, including ability to interpret business performance and financial data, define actions, and implement solutions.
- Recognized authority in area of expertise and or products with wide versatility of experience and capability
- High level of interpersonal skills is required to handle difficult situations as well as diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively
- Comprehensive knowledge of advanced Quality engineering practices
- Able to read technical drawings and documentation (GD&T)
- Bachelors Degree
- Extensive experience with quality assurance processes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A