Website Frontier Airlines
The Director, Internal Audit is responsible for leading the compliance program and internal audit function to ensure financial, IT and operational controls are in place and operating effectively and for the planning and performance of internal audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls (business process and IT) and compliance with corporate policies and procedures. The Director, Internal Audit will lead the SOX readiness program, development of annual audit plans and key projects and communication of audit findings and recommendations to managemen
- Plan, organize, direct and monitor the Internal Audit operations, including hiring, training, coaching and evaluating.
Coordinate and partner with external auditors and other external parties to best leverage work performed and results produced.
- Assess the company’s financial, operational and IT procedures in order to determine the reliability and integrity of information; compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws, and regulations; the safeguarding of assets; and the economical and efficient use of resources as scheduled on the Internal Audit Plan.
- Lead the reporting process and communication of results to senior management and manage a program to track all issues to resolution.
- Implement corporate governance practices for the company.
- Lead the management and implementation of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance plan and ongoing monitoring and testing of controls.
- Act as an internal control resource for management (business process and IT) and determine whether internal controls are appropriate and effective by analyzing specific processes as requested.
- Ensure accurate work papers have been prepared and reviewed and sufficient evidence is retained to properly document and support audit findings.
- Lead an annual compliance audit of officer expense reports.
- Develop departmental policies/procedures, organizational structure and required staffing levels.
- Develop a risk-based annual Internal Audit Plan based on the audit cycle schedule, new company initiatives and requests made by senior management.
- Identify an evaluate the company’s risk areas.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or information systems required, Master’s degree preferred.
Must be willing to travel up to 35%
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering projects/audits
- Proven experience in navigating complex organizations with creative problem solving
Airline industry preferred, but not required
- Experience with SaaS solutions
- Experience with segregation of duties tools
- Considerable knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Minimum 4 years of public accounting or 6 years of internal audit experience; or a combination of the two
- CPA, CISA or other relevant certification is strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Solid internal controls experience (business process and IT)
Company: Frontier Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A