Website Frontier Airlines
The primary role of a Station Support Technician is to resolve reported hardware and software issues with desktop computers, thin clients, and a variety of peripherals unique to the airline industry. The technician, based on knowledge and skills, will assume ownership of service requests that include computer and operating system problems, install PC software, installation of desktop hardware and assist with any general operator problems. The Station Support Technician is expected to support a Windows workstation environment, follow station support processes, manage unassigned tickets, perform tier 1 troubleshooting of system and/or network issues or with any other end user technology being used at the company.
The Station Support Technician provides limited incident investigation and triage with the goal of either resolving the issue or providing a workaround with escalation to Tier 2 resources as necessary to maintain SLA’s.
- Develop and perform preventative maintenance programs to increase the availability of IT equipment.
- Provide local and remote telephone support to answer technical questions from end users.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and problem isolation on desktop computers, thin clients, message printers, ticketing printers, point of sale kiosks, and other peripheral devices unique to the airline industry.
- Use a ticketing system to log and manage work effort.
- Manage small projects requiring a single resource.
- Participate in technical projects as a task owner.
- Assess, prioritize and escalate reported issues quickly and provide status to the business and IT leadership
- Experience with an incident management tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree in math, information systems, business administration or a related major; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Airline industry experience a pluspment.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Basic knowledge or interest of the airline industry a plus
- Ability to adapt to new, different, or changing situations
- 1 year experience supporting MX Windows & XP, network printers and PC hardware & software preferred
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN and other IT foundation technologies
- Ability to facilitate a climate of cohesiveness, cooperation and teamwork
- Ability to schedule activities and set priorities to so deadlines are met, goals accomplished
- IT professional
Company: Frontier Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A