Website Ford Motor Company
As a Software Engineer, you’ll join an established venture team working on a next generation automotive security product, currently in pilot and producing strong results. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an early venture, expected to be established as an independent company, with global presence spanning the U.S. and U.K.
As the new organization is created, potential exists to move to the new entity.
- Work and collaborate effectively in a global dynamic team environment
- Apply continuous integration, deploying software incrementally to meet fast-paced development
- Translate customer requirements and use cases into functional software with performance, quality, and reliability at the forefront
- Advocate for and implement engineering best-practices, continuously improving through innovation and iteration
- Participate and perform architecture reviews, code reviews, unit and acceptance testing, as well as writing documentation to enable knowledge sharing
- Be bold and articulate in delivering ideas to a mixed audience with varying views and challenges
- Strong understanding of pipeline-based multimedia frameworks such as GStreamer
- Eager to apply XP practices including Pair Programming and Test-Driven Development
- Proven understanding of Linux operating systems, libraries, and commands
- Familiar with build management tools such as Gradle
- Ability to rapidly understand and solve reported issues using creative techniques
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience in Android, Java, or Kotlin development.
2+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
- 2+ years of experience in C++ development
- Experience using cloud services to handle IoT devices, preferably AWS
- Experience using gRPC or TCP to communicate between services
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
Company: Ford Motor Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A