No two property claims are ever the same and each customer has unique needs. Our team thrives on providing the very best service and building lasting, successful relationships with our customers. If you are confident, curious, driven to learn and grow, and have a desire to help people when they most need it, we want to know more about you!
As a Field Claims Specialist, you’ll investigate and resolve moderate to severe property damage claims by phone and face-to-face.
- Maintains current knowledge of local industry repair procedures and local market pricing.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance and applicable product/services; court decisions which may impact the claims function; current guidelines; and policy changes and modifications. This may require attending various seminars and training sessions.
- Initiates and conducts follow-ups through proficient use of claims and other related business systems.
- Opens, closes and adjusts reserves according to company practices to ensure reserve adequacy. Adheres to file conferencing notification and authority procedures.
- Partners with Special Investigations Unit and Subrogation to identify fraud and subrogation opportunities. Assists or prepares files for lawsuit, trial, or subrogation.
- Determines proper policy coverages and applies appropriate claims practices to resolve cases in alignment with company guidelines.
- Handles all assigned claims promptly and effectively, with little to no direction and oversight. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures.
- Submits severe incident reports, reinsurance reports and other information to claims management as needed.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years of related property claims experience.
- Experience in a customer service environment, including flexible work schedules and extended work hours preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the investigation, consultation and settlement activities used to resolve extensive property damage claims.
- Proven ability to meet customer needs and provide exemplary meaningful service by guiding customers through the claims process and ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to make decisions and resolve issues related to application of coverages to submitted claims, application of laws of jurisdiction to investigation facts, and application of policy exclusions and exceptions.
- Ability to establish repair requirements and cost estimates for property losses.
- Ability to evaluate and successfully advise on property claims.
- Organizational skills to prioritize work.
- Command of written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with policyholders, claimants, repairpersons, attorneys, agents and the general public.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and related claims and business software.
- State licensing where required.
- Successful completion of required/applicable claims certification training/classes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado, United States
Application Deadline: N/A