Website Dogs Trust
To recruit, induct and retain volunteer foster carers. To ensure animal care is provided to Dogs Trust standards and work with rehoming centre colleagues to find permanent homes for fostered dogs.
- Work with the Media Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator to promote the scheme to recruit volunteers.
- Interview and select suitable volunteers, performing home visits to check on suitability of environment.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that volunteering standards are adhered to.
- In conjunction with the centre’s behaviour and veterinary teams, identify dogs suitable for a foster placement.
- Transport dogs to start fostering placement, for veterinary appointments and to meet potential adopters.
- Check on a dog’s progress, carrying out keep in touch phone calls and home visits.
- Work with the Media Assistant to promote dogs available for rehoming on foster placement.
- Experience of handling and rehoming dogs in a working environment
- Experience of working with volunteers including, recruitment, selection and providing feedback
- A positive and proactive attitude and willingness to work with members of the public, staff and volunteers.
- Hard working, enthusiastic and a team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal and written).
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Reliable and flexible
- Able to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision, and have good judgement to escalate issues or seek guidance as appropriate.
- A good understanding of the importance of great customer service, ideally with experience of providing excellent customer care
- Administrative skills, including use of MS Office and computerised systems
- Commitments to the aims and objectives of Dogs Trust
- Ability to travel, including staying away from home on occasion, for training, meetings and conferences.
- Full, clean manual UK driving licence and confident driving a variety of vehicles, including automatics
Company: Dogs Trust
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Merseyside, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A