Responsible for broadband installation and troubleshooting activities for voice, video and data services. Completes field assessments, meets/exceeds company standards/metrics and completes necessary certifications and education for current role and for consideration for advancement to the next level. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Reads general system layouts from system design maps.
- Effectively communicates with customers and co-workers.
- Performs jobs from high places (on poles and roofs,) including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers,) ladders and bucket trucks (e.g., 18 to 26 feet), as determined by the system’s requirements.
- Uses sound judgment in decision-making, problem-solving, project management and readily accepts ownership of personal decisions, behavior and or actions regardless of the outcome, to perform installation and service of products.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time and performs work near power lines and electricity. Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise levels.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary
- Works in various weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain and other precipitation.
- Exposure to dogs or other animals in construction areas and in-home environments.
- Cleans, maintains and stocks vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties. Reports need for vehicle repair or service when required and/or prescribed. Reports any accidents, losses, injuries, or property damage to Supervisor and customer when appropriate. Properly operates and maintains installation tools, technology and equipment, such as installation hand tools, light power tools, meters, or ladders.
- Works within manufacturer’s rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Completes required training and pass certification tests within specified timeframe.
- Uses close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus to use tools, equipment and objects to complete duties.
- Drives company vehicle during performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner during scheduled work days. Maintains valid driver’s license.
- Meets or exceeds established goals and performance metrics.
- Manipulates objects such as: pens, keyboard, mouse, connectors, fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week and/or mandatory overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Drive results and growth.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- High School Diploma / GED
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pueblo, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A