Website Chevron Corporation
The Chevron Technical Center, Environment & Sustainability Group is currently looking for candidates to fill an ecotoxicologist/environmental scientist The successful candidate will serve as an expert consultant in environmental risk assessment, providing subject matter expertise to all Chevron operating companies. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of exposure and risk assessment techniques, especially as applied to the evaluation of environmental exposures is required for this position. The successful candidate must also possess the ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams and to communicate with diverse audiences including internal customers, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to assess and communicate environmental risks, perform environmental impact and fate & effects studies, address environmental issues during oil spill response, and identify and provide environmentally beneficial and cost-effective solutions to environmental issues.
- Typical activities include environmental risk assessment of operations, summary and critical analysis of literature data and regulations, creation and oversight of research programs, and participation in professional organizations and trade associations.
- Ability to develop conceptual site models to visualize exposure across a broad spectrum of receptors. Understanding of ecological and environmental receptors and across all environmental media.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and build collaborative relationships with diverse and multi-cultural audiences including technical colleagues ; business unit HS E specialists and managers; external consultants; regulators; and other stakeholders.
- Broad training in environmental chemistry, fate and exposure assessment, and or ecotoxicology.
- Experience in lab and field methods used in environmental assessment is a plus, as are strong quantitative skills.
- Skilled in managing the delivery of high quality, value-added technical HS E consulting services that meet customer expectations within agreed budget and schedule including for international customers in different time zones.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong ability to communicate the business implications of environmental risks clearly, concisely, and effectively and demonstrated ability to negotiate with regulators on scientific merits of various approaches/interpretations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply ecological risk assessment to address issues like discharges to water, ecological exposures, and ecosystem health and to apply e cological risk assessment to address remediation of impacted sites.
- Master’s degree in ecotoxicology/environmental toxicology or related environmental science discipline with 5+ years of petroleum industry experience OR Ph.D. in ecotoxicology/environmental toxicology or related environmental science discipline with 3 years of work experience with an extractive industry or other work experience demonstrating the application of the qualifications detailed below .
Company: Chevron Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A