Website Books A Million
The General Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of Books-A-Million stores as a Manager On Duty in conjunction with the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The General Manager also oversees the execution of all aspects of store operations by providing effective leadership, achieving maximum sales and profits, controlling budgetary expenses, and managing the store team through training and development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures efficient product flow within the store.
- Recruits and hires talent for the store team.
- Facilitates effective communication to all store Associates through Daily Briefings, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Ensures highest level of customer service and handles customer complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Enhances store’s reputation by establishing and maintaining good community relations and partnerships.
- Maximizes sales, profits, and customer service by leading the store team and operating the store in adherence with all Company policy and guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and directs store activities with the assistance of other store management.
- Creates the store schedule to provide adequate coverage for all aspects of the store.
- Coaches, trains, and develops the Management staff.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Strong decision making, communication and merchandising skills.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a mature and conscientious manner.
- Ability to supervise a large number of associates.
- Previous management experience required.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Successful completion of all required background screenings.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with or without assistance.
Qualification & Experience:
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree in business related field preferred.
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A