Website Books A Million
Reporting to the General Manager, the Bookseller is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to all customers in a friendly and helpful manner. They should be knowledgeable about books and other merchandise in the store, proactively seek to assist customers and provide an outstanding shopping experience.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to assisting in other departments, receiving shipment, small fixture assembly and maintenance, assisting with inventory, and restroom cleanliness.
- Sales of all products, offer point of sale initiatives including Membership programs, Educator programs, and other company sponsored programs.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all loss prevention standards and acting with integrity in all transactions.
- Provide customers with the highest level of customer service by greeting each customer, communicating and assisting customers with questions and orders, and efficient cashiering.
- Product delivery and placement on to the sales floor in accordance with merchandising guidelines and timelines.
- Recover the sales floor during each shift, including, but not limited to picking up items, shelving books and product, straightening bookshelves and tables, store housekeeping tasks as required.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Must be able to lift objects up to 60 lbs. with or without assistance.]
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job
- Communication Skills
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- Computer skills and cash register skills
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous retail sales experience preferred
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A