Website Books A Million
The Information Technology Project Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination and implementation of both strategic and tactical Information Technology projects. Projects will be managed in relation to the overall strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. This position will report to senior IT Management.
- Manage risk tracking process
- Manage all documentation (produces and/or collects all relevant documentation and meetings notes)
- Lead quality assurance (assists in testing products and functionality of solutions)
- Deliver and install technology solutions
- Ability to measure project effectiveness; evaluate and assess project results
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Perform other duties as directed
- Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors
- Align project objectives with company goals; ensure project team is clear on objectives
- Help define and manage project scope, goals and deliverables
- Create & manage project plans, including budgets
- Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress
- Lead process of issue identification and resolution
- Must be able to sit at a computer or desk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.
- 3 years Project Management experience in a retail environment
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in MIS or PM or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in Project Management software tools
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop or crouch while performing daily activities of the job.
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A