Website Books A Million
Reporting to the General Manager, the Café Manager is responsible for ensuring the ongoing success of the café and its operation.
- Maintain Visual Merchandising guidelines for all Café related merchandise.
- Adhere to the daily responsibilities of the barista position and Shift Lead
- Based upon inventory findings, complete the café supply order to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Create the café weekly schedule and submit to the GM 2 weeks in advance
- Must comply and ensure compliance of Food and Safety requirements
- Maintain store standards to comply with policies, directives, and local Health Department codes
- Reviews operational reports and records to monitor stores’ sales and profitability, manage payroll budgets, and ensure adherence to Company policies and procedures.
- Interviewing and selecting café personnel in accordance with the GM
- Complete the Weekly Inventory Sheet and submit the final document to your District Manager.
- Ensuring daily use of the Cafe Communication Binder.
- Craft Beverages according to our quality standards and ensure standards stay in place.
- Manage the flow of Preventative Maintenance tasks to be completed throughout the week to ensure completion.
- Provide exceptional and prompt Customer Service.
- Maintain Cafe Conditions according to company standards at all times of the day.
- Complete on-going, daily and weekly cleaning of food surfaces, machinery and utensils, and customer areas.
- Motivate Baristas to Increase Limited Time Offer Goals, DC, Auto Renewals, Comp Sales, MFM, and the Level of Customer Service in the Café and Bookstore.
- On-board planning and execution of all training of baristas to the company standard
- Community engagement to drive sales and events.
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone and for repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to learn and operate multiple café machines, including, but not limited to blenders, ovens, espresso machines, and cash registers.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Cash handling skills.
- Previous Café experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a supervisory role.
- Basic Excel knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, up to 40 hours per week
Company: Books A Million
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Nashville, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A