Website Bob Evans Restaurants
The position of General Manager is a fast paced role that assists with managing the daily operations and staff of the restaurant, including the execution of all company policies, procedures, programs, and systems. The General Manager provides leadership, direction, training, and development to subordinate managers and staff. The General Manager also contributes to the success of the restaurant by building sales, working towards company goals, as well as driving restaurant profitability. Decisions are guided by established policies and procedures as well as the Director of Operation. Receives guidance and oversight from the Director of Operations.
- Ensure OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
- Develop ROI/business cases for local store marketing.
- Monitor and utilize follow-up systems to achieve profitability objectives.
- Maximize table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
- Model professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere that encourages people to do their BEST.
- Maintain efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management.
- Coach and mentor team members to ensure employee’s success on the job and guest satisfaction.
- Effectively manage the restaurant within the policies and company guidelines while ensuring 100% guest satisfaction at all times
- Meet and greet guests; investigate and resolve food quality/service issues.
- Enforce safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and crew members.
- Occasionally assist with category job duties (bussing, serving, host, grill line, etc.), as needed. (All state and federal labor laws apply
- Shapes culture of restaurant and works diligently to ensure a high level of employee engagement in the restaurant.
- Promote suggestive selling techniques.
- Communicate sales performance and anticipated variances to the restaurant management team. Cascade corporate programs and initiatives to the management team and staff.
- Build relationships/partnerships within the community by networking within the local market to represent Bob Evans.
- Establish and participate in common restaurant activities and local marketing programs designed to enhance goodwill.
- Management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees including termination of employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a role model in employee appearance and presentation
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Basic business math and accounting skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Dedication to providing exceptional guest service
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a valid driver license.
- Must have a vehicle to take cash deposits to the designated local bank.
- Must be able to travel to business meetings and other locations as needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in a leadership role is required.
- A minimum of 4-6 years of prior experience in a family, fast-food, or casual dining restaurant is strongly preferred
- College and/or culinary schooling preferred
- A minimum age of 21 years
Company: Bob Evans Restaurants
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Akron, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A