Website BNSF Railway
- The Summer Internship Program provides interns an opportunity to learn more about how our efficient, safe and “green” rail network supports the global supply chain. Interns participate in group events and projects, experiencing first-hand what it is like to be a full-time BNSF employee. Operating one of the largest railroads in North America, we have countless opportunities for interns to develop their skills, create new ideas and even travel!
- The program begins with an extensive corporate orientation in Fort Worth, Texas. During the training period, interns receive a company overview and interact with company leaders. Following orientation, interns receive on-the-job training according to their assigned group. The summer will be spent in Fort Worth or in a field location that can be anywhere on BNSF’s system. The objective of our Summer Internship Program is to find students that will join us after graduation as part of our Management Trainee Program.
- Gather, analyze, and document complex information.
- Examine evidence obtained during audits with respect to compliance with policies, adequacy of procedures and effectiveness of controls.
- Assist in testing based on audit objectives.
- Document evidence of testing in audit work papers.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and rapport with team and customers
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Pursuit of a degree in one of the following:
- Accounting or Finance
- Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Computer Networking
- Transportation Logistics
- Other Business-related degree
- Previous work experience in related field
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (specifically Outlook, Visio, Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Proven leadership experience and excellent oral and written communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to relocate to Fort Worth, TX for the summer.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s or graduate degree program at an accredited university at the time of application and throughout the duration of the internship.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 for engineering majors OR cumulative GPA of 3.0 for non-engineering majors.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Springfield, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A