Website Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
The Sr. Policy Analyst performs policy research and analysis, synthesis and creates communications that advance the objectives of OPR. Provides information/reports related to Association legislative activities to member plans, legislators, and other interested parties.
- Creates, and edits policy documents and memos for dissemination to multiple audiences – internal (OPR, other Association staff, and BCBSA Board) and external (Plans and congressional and state legislative and regulatory representatives).
- Represents OPR on Association workgroups and serves as OPR point of contact for select ongoing projects.
- Gathers, edits, and assembles information for all policy documents and other communications by soliciting/surveying and collaborating with OPR staff members, researchers, interest groups, plan members, or other sources of relevant information.
- Complete policy research and synthesizes information including detailed quantitative analysis of relevant data; researching laws, regulations and legislation to supports the policy development process and the creation of policy documents. Includes active participation in OPR and cross-divisional policy workgroups. Actively researches and identifies opportunities for BCBSA to support Congressional and Administration priorities which promote relationship building.
- Competency to solicit input/information from others and translate into written documents/materials
- Masters or JD preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of health policy issues and the legislative process, as well as experience writing for healthcare-related publications
- Minimum of two year of policy-related experience and/or relevant coursework in health care delivery
- Proficiency with the operation of the PC and related software/tools including Excel (Microsoft suite of products)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Policy, Business or related field required;
- Experience researching and synthesizing health care policies and programs including the ability to do detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A