Website Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
The Cyber Defense Team is BCBSA’s first line of defense against attackers. We are passionate security professionals responsible for defending the privacy and security of the data entrusted to us by our members.We are responsible for handling all malicious activity on BCBSA’s networks. The Security Engineering and Assessment team exists within Cyber Defense and is responsible for engineering solutions to protect BCBSA from threats and continually assesses BCBSA’s security posture.
The Sr Security Automation Engineer will combine a strong security engineering and/or incident response background with practical programming and scripting experience. They will focus on automating and measuring information security activities, with an initial focus on the development and implementation of a strong security metrics program.
- Develop security controls and detection logic to address the risks posed by advanced threat actors.
- Assist with the assessment program tasked with identifying risks in the environment and managing their mitigation.
- Assist with developing strategy and maintaining execution for security solutions ensuring adequate support for threat prevention & detection, incident response, and forensics activities.
- Build a robust security metrics program focused on driving change through data.
- Automate metrics collection, processing, and visualization activities.
- Automate information security activities related to incident response, data analytics, and reporting.
- Experience using python to automate tasks such as data processing, analytics, and incident response activities.
- Experience acting in a security incident response role with responsibility of analyzing and responding to threats
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of information security experience with a focus on development, scripting, and/or automation.
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A