As an Application Performance Engineer, some of your key responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring application performance during performance tests or production usage through the use of APM and other monitoring tools to isolate the fault domain, dive deep into application code, and identify root cause of performance issues.
- Utilizing static code and dynamic code analysis to identify performance and maintenance concerns
- Defining the strategy for enabling performance diagnostics and monitoring through the use of an Application Performance Management (APM) tool, other monitoring tools, and diagnostic techniques.
- Identifying, evaluating, and recommending monitoring tools and diagnostic techniques relevant to the application architecture. Assess gaps in as-is monitoring tool capabilities and recommend tools to augment or replace.
- Instrumenting applications to enable performance diagnostics and monitoring
- Documenting performance findings and recommendations
- Profiling application performance from end-user perspective to inventory performance concerns and suggest tuning opportunities across the application stack
- Collaborating with Performance Engineering leads and project team to review and refine application NFRs, SLAs, & KPIs to create acceptance criteria and performance budgets necessary to measure, validate, and improve performance
- Collaborating with developers to promote the concept of performance engineering during all phases of the SDLC to detect and correct performance issues earlier in the lifecycle
- Learning an application’s design to assess for performance risks and identify areas to apply past learnings
- Interacting with client and/or Accenture development, operations, and infrastructure resources to recommend solutions to remediate performance issues
- Performing deep dive JVM analysis examining garbage collection logs, heap dumps, and thread dumps as needed.
- Experience delivering software designed for high concurrency, scalability, or availability
- Hands-on experience collecting performance data, analyzing, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Ability to meet travel requirements, when applicable
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (minimum 12 years work experience). If Associate’s Degree, must have equivalent minimum 6 year work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on design / development experience (e.g. Java, .Net, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years’ hands-on experience with performance tuning, diagnostic or monitoring
- Consideration will be given to candidates who hold equivalent qualifications
- Experience using Application Performance Management (APM) tools (e.g. AppDyanmics, DynaTrace, New Relic, CA Introscope APM, HP Diagnostics)
- Minimum of 1 year hands-on experience performance diagnostics tools (e.g. AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, CA APM (previously Wily Introscope), etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A